better than a pet dog

Friday, September 10, 2010

Allow me to introduce you to a good friend of mine.



This keyboard has been with me ever since I was an awkward eighth grader.  I've spent countless hours pounding tenderly pressing it's shiny (plastic) keys.  It's brought me through five grades of piano just as well as any real piano would.

I seriously love my piano.  Even though it's just a keyboard, the key action is almost identical to any acoustic.  It makes my heart happy that it's mine and that I can take it with me anywhere.

You would understand my disappointment, then, when one of the beloved keys started to stick.



And then another.



And, btw, these keys are probably the three most played on a piano (Hello, the D after middle C?  It makes the other keys jealous!)

It started about two years ago.  Silly me, I had always assumed that there must be dirt in there hindering movement.  Thankfully, I didn't attempt taking it apart on my own.  I just let it sit there... and get worse... and worse.

Until yesterday.  That's when I decided that I would finally do something about this little problem.  First I started by typing "sticky keys Yamaha P-120" and clicking "Google Search".  I didn't find any tips, BUT, I did find rumors that there was an unofficial "recall" on select Yamaha models.  Dare I hope?

"Call Gord, and you might like the answer!" was what I got when I contacted the store where my piano was purchased.  Call Gord I did, except I got his wife instead.  I presented my plight and hoped against hope that I might just catch a break...


Gord's wife called me back about an hour later saying... (drum-roll, please)... YES! YAMAHA WILL REPLACE YOUR WHOLE KEYBOARD FREE OF CHARGE!

Oh. My.  The excitement!  That's at least $600 that I don't have to pay!  And my piano isn't even under warranty!

Old friend, you're about to get a face-lift.  



The moral of the story: Not all internet rumors are lies.

The End.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)