gets me every time

Thursday, September 23, 2010


Oh. Man. Just look at that face! It gets me every time. 

The Cuteness has encountered a couple of big milestones in this last week.  The first came with:
a)bright red rosy cheeks
b)diarrhea
c)insane diaper rash
d)Fuss (that word is actually to small and to polite to describe the Freaking Out My-World-Is-Ending Baby of Madness)

Yup, you guessed it!  He’s teething!  Actually, he has two (not one) teeth in the middle of his bottom row of… gums.  I’d take pictures but it’s just so fun to rub your tongue on those pointy things that feel really strange—or at least Judah thinks so.  I’m proud of this little guy. 

The second milestone: crawling. Okay, it’s not actually crawling.  He does the full on army crawl stance (using his forearm to pull him forward) with one arm while the other is used more for balance than anything.  He then proceeds to use one (just one) knee to help in this forward momentum.  The other leg is rather useless, seeing as it kind of drags behind him, but I’ll let him figure out his own style.  But, letmetellyou, he can MOVE!  We have had to purchase a baby gate in this crawling walrus frenzy, and the cat dishes have been moved to a place less visible (oooo shiny!).  You guys.  My baby is officially mobile.

In other news, I went to my first NHL game yesterday! It was quite possibly the coolest bachelorette in history.  I think I expected to be bowled over by the sheer magnificence of Those Awesome Hockey Guys that I was watching (waaaaay) down below, but, alas, it did not happen.  Truthfully, people all look the same.  There was no aura of greatness hovering over them like a cloud.  They were simply people. On ice. With sticks.  I have to admit that they were really good with those sticks, though.  It’s funny how I can build up things in my mind.  I did enjoy my time, however, even though the grumpy lady watching our section would not let us hold up our sweet sign (while many around us were drinking copious amounts of beer, I might add).  Oh, look, they are getting drunk.  That’s okay.  But holding up a piece of paper?  Oh my.  Rebels without a cause.

Sigh.  My baby is talking in his crib right now.  It’s cute and all, but he only napped for about 30 minutes.  I know.  The cuteness is slightly impugned, is it not?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)