a post in which I am mentioned far too much

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I have a confession to make:  I have no idea where this blog is going.  Seriously, I don't.  It started out as simply "a thing to do", suggested to me by a relative over at Mission Musings, who has been blogging a lot longer than I have.  She gave me one piece of advice that I have tried to hold to: keep your background light.  But that's completely beside the point.


I've been struggling in trying to figure out what direction I want this little segment of cyber space to go.  Should I partition it into different topic headings? Do I keep it plain and simple?  Should I seriously attempt to build up my audience? Should I even continue blogging???

Fellow bloggers, you know what I mean.

It's hard to blog.  If you are really serious about blogging, it's hard.  I don't know what I should write about half the time.  I have no idea what would interest my readers.  I don't even know if I should continue to blog if all I want to do is interest my readers.  I want this blog to be something I'm proud of.  I don't want to bow to any "blogging decree".  I... I... I...


I'm going to stop talking now.

I've mentioned Tim Challies before, and I'm going to do it again.  He's written a good post on the things that bother him about blogging, and I like it.  I understand.

I'm so done with this post.

1 comment:

  1. If you're not blogging because you want to, stop. Otherwise it'll just end up contrived and burdensome. Your blog should come naturally to you and not feel like a chore - that was my whole two-blog fiasco this summer. Figure out what you think you want to say, and think a little bit about your audience, and then find a groove. If there's no groove, don't force it.

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)