apparently I don't feel so "wordless" today

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

This flooding in MB is crazy. We're not affected where we live, but a short drive either east or west takes us to areas in which people have been evacuated, some being assured of losing their homes. The biggest story in the news right now is whether or not the province will conduct a controlled breach of a dike in order to save 800 homes downstream - at the cost of at least 150 in the surrounding area. What a terrible decision to make! As one resident of the 150 homes put it, "We're not suffering from an act of God - we're suffering from an act of Government". Other residents of that community have recognized their role of "sacrificial lamb" for the greater good. It's even more frustrating for them because this community has never been in danger before. Some people are even a mile away, and will still be flooded - all because their  dike was chosen. We can only pray for safety and God's sovereign hand to move whatever He will. 

In other news, today's a big pregnancy milestone for me. I'm officially in week 30 - very much on the home stretch. This baby will be here in somewhere between seven and 12 weeks! I feel like I couldn't get much more pregnant (because, yes, there are varying levels of "pregnant", don't you know (not really)). I hurt all over. I can't bend forward. I can't get up from the couch without help. If I'm not careful how I move, my poor over-stretched tummy muscles protest in merciless agony. My feet are even swelling on occasion - totally new to me. But, the fact remains that this baby won't be full-term for another seven weeks. I'm really hoping for the overwhelming urge to clean my house (also known as "nesting"), because it's not going to get done if things keep going as they are. 

Judah has discovered how to get into my unmentionables drawer. As a result, he was sporting a pair of my underwear around his neck this morning. Oy. How embarrassing! And, yet, I let him do it. He was happy, not hurting himself, and acting out of sheer innocence. I did not, however, pull out my camera for the occasion. 

Well, it's just about time to put my son down for his morning nap. Thank goodness he still takes two naps a day! It means I have time to take glorious naps! I'm determined to be well energized by the time I go into labour. Baby still has to cast his/her vote, though. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)