what I did this weekend

Sunday, May 01, 2011

  • woke up to new green grass and what looked like a fabulous rainy day
  • drove my husband into town for 11:00 Saturday morning so he could hang with the bridal party
  • decided that attempting to get back up our hill would be foolish
  • spent the day with in-laws who conveniently do not live up in hilly mudslide land
  • died a slow painful death when the beautiful green grass was mercilessly smothered in drifts of white, swirling snow
  • found myself enlisted to photograph the reception of a wedding in place of a photographer who was unable to make it there
  • attempted to get used to a different camera than my own
  • braved vehicle-hungry mud pits hidden under banks of snow to get to the church
  • witnessed two beautiful people swear their lives to each other till death due them part
  • felt far too pregnant to squeeze myself through myriads of tables, people, and chairs crammed into the reception hall
  • and yet was told that I don't look that big for being over six months pregnant (why thank you?)
  • realized (with tears) that it went from 22 degrees to minus who knows in less than 24 hours
  • photographed my first ever wedding reception
  • had a blast doing it.


And you?

3 comments:

  1. another one gets married :)

    our class is slowly getting all wedded up (is that a word?)

    did you know that Kelly had a baby? Pretty exciting.

    Have a fantastic Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I knew about Kelly... although I rather doubt it was him who actually did the work. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)