in which I am grateful that dreams stay dreams

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It's time to talk about the craziness that is dreaming while one is pregnant. My first pregnancy was, by far, a lot more bizzarre in that department. Giving birth to cats and babies who can talk as soon as they pop out is what I'd call bizzarre, at least. This time the dreams have been a lot more believable than the normal dream. So believable, in fact, that if I don't take time to sort out dreams from reality after I wake up, I'll just kind of assume that whatever I have dreamed is actually reality. Yes. It's pretty freaky. They usually play on ordinary circumstances I've experienced throughout the day and kind of... expand the details a little further. My sanity? Yes, sometimes there's cause to question it.

Last night's dream, thankfully, was unrealistic enough for me to sort out without much difficulty. First off, I went into labour around 36 weeks. Everything happened more or less like it could happen - except that after one baby came out, another followed... and then another. Three babies. THREE! Two boys and one girl.

Now, there are some things to be mentioned: I'd be pretty proud to give birth to triplets in real life naturally. No drugs, no induction, no c-section. And I'd be extremely proud to give birth all on my own at home, like it was no big deal. Because that's what happened in the dream. Natural birth, triplets, no ill-effects, at home, by myself, tweeting in between births. Oh, goodness. How crazy would that be?

I forgot to mention the hockey game I attended as soon as the third baby was born. (?!!!?).

As much as I would love for this pregnancy to be over and have a new little cuddle muffin to nuzzle, I am far from ready for him/her to come at this point. My 30-week old baby is still so small and vulnerable, needing at least six or seven more weeks to put on the weight that will ensure that s/he thrives. But, oh, is it ever hard to wait with so much anticipation building!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)