about pregnancy 'n things

Saturday, June 11, 2011

I'm tired. 

Nutmeg's kicks are feeling a lot less cute these days. I don't remember Judah kicking this much... or this hard. They are literally brace-yourself-and-hold-your-breath bad. It scares me to think that there are still five and a half more weeks left until his/her due date. Ima gonna be bruised from the inside by then - and baby's going to be so squished!

I'm also tired from the onset of a sudden sinus cold. I'll spare you the details. It's just tiresome and I feel like my head is in a complete fog at all times. It actually feels like I'm on some heavy painkillers (except without the pain-killing part) - I just feel kind of... numb... and out of it. 

I had a little taste of back labour today. My body's been doing a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions to practice for labour ever since week 20 or so, but this one was different. I felt my abdomen tightening, as usual, but then was struck with writhing-inducing pain in my back. I curled up on the bed and practiced breathing techniques (which are fab, by the way) and contemplated whether or not I should note the time of the contraction.  I've definitely felt contractions in my back before, but this was kind of intense. I started wondering if I had slipped a disk or something. Anywho, it passed quickly. I am grateful - and kind of determined to do everything I can to flip this posterior baby.

Everything is ready for our house to be delivered to its permanent site. I expect to be moving in a week's time! That being said, I'm going to have to try very hard not to overwork myself. There are a few friends that we're definitely planning on enlisting to help us out. But, yes! Things! They are happening have happened!

I leave you with my little monkey who INSISTED on climbing up onto our bed to eat his cheese. Such a toddler.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)