blessed

Monday, June 27, 2011

Joey stayed home from corporate camp staff training this year to a) spend time with his family b) help get this house properly unpacked, and c) not leave his 9-months-pregnant wife and toddler at home without (much) electricity*. We worked pretty hard this weekend to make this house a place of rest and retreat in what will be a very busy camp season. In my experience, ministry is only as sustainable as your home life is peaceful. 

As of now, I can say that our home is about 80% set up - the exception being the stack of rubbermaid totes in our bedroom that have not found a permanent home and the study/piano room that is totally not functional as of yet. The rest is nearly complete! I can walk through my house and see only two or three small boxes instead of a sea of them. I feel so very much more sane with all of the freed up space in this house! It also helps that we took (nearly) a van load of things to MCC the other day. How did we have so much in such a small house, you ask? I have no idea. I guess there were a lot of boxes we had forgotten about down in our crawl space - stuff from years past, mostly pre-marriage. Whatever. It's gone now!


That's all I have time to show you for now. Happy Monday, everyone!

*We do have one plug-in available that is currently servicing our fridge and internet thingy. When the fridge stops cooling, we often unplug it to boil water or toast bread or straighten our hair or shave our beards... you can decide who does what!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)