50 things to be thankful for

Friday, June 24, 2011

  1. Jesus died for my sins, and by His merit I am counted a child of God.
  2. I have a wonderful husband who's done much more work for this move than I have.
  3. My son brings joy to my life and heart every single day.
  4. His skills of communication are growing daily.
  5. My mom and dad are always thinking of and praying for me.
  6. Nutmeg is no longer in posterior position.
  7. S/he is growing just as s/he should be.
  8. We are in our new house before camp and before Nutmeg arrives.
  9. Living off of one plug-in is easier than I thought it would be.
  10. We have access to clean water at all times.
  11. This has been a complication-free pregnancy.
  12. Our cat has adjusted wonderfully to the new house and even seems to be reconciled to Judah.
  13. I am under the care of a midwife for this pregnancy.
  14. Joey and I have made friends in our church community.
  15. Praying for people is the deflater of bitterness.
  16. The Holy Spirit presides over the word of God and He is faithful to teach the willing heart what its saying.
  17. Sickness, pain, and death serve to point us to the all-powerful, all-sovereign God.
  18. God has enabled many skilled people to write hymns and songs of praise that enable me to express what my mouth so often fails to find words for.
  19. There are many people in my life whose faith I desire to imitate.
  20. We have the freedom to ask God for what we lack, whether that be food, health, or faith.
  21. God's ways will never be fully comprehended by man. If they could, He wouldn't be God.
  22. Jesus Christ is at the right hand of the throne of God interceding day and night for His people.
  23. The Holy Spirit intercedes for us when our words stumble and fall short while in prayer.
  24. There is no reason to be ashamed of the Gospel.
  25. Every day brings enough time in which to accomplish exactly what God has set out before me to do.
  26. So many of my friends are also experiencing the joy of new life - pregnancies and babies abound!
  27. My husband's job enables us to raise a family in the beautiful countryside.
  28. My husband's superiors provided us with a brand new house to live in.
  29. The role of a mother changes and grows as both myself and my children change and grow.
  30. We haven't had to worry about getting anything to prepare for this baby.
  31. Judah will have a playmate in a very short amount of time!
  32. We were able to purchase a vehicle that meets (and exceeds) all of our family's needs.
  33. A messy floor means an active and developing child.
  34. God's provided camp with a capable and God-fearing leadership staff.
  35. Ice-cold showers leave you feeling refreshed and your hair silky-smooth.
  36. God's conviction on how much stuff we possess and how we spend our money has come gently. 
  37. We finally have a room to call our own in our house.
  38. We ourselves have been untouched by flood waters.
  39. The flooding going on across the prairies is not something that has escapee God's notice. He's still sovereign over it.
  40. I have been able to keep in touch with far away friends via the internet.
  41. God gives grace upon grace upon grace upon grace...
  42. My husband's late maternal grandmother left behind an undeniable legacy of life in Jesus' name.
  43. The Bible study group we are blessed to be a part of is continuing throughout the summer.
  44. God is more powerful than my phobia of storms.
  45. My son is sleeping peacefully in the next room, allowing me time to capture my scattered thoughts.
  46. My husband is my best friend and every day together is truly a gift from God.
  47. I now have the space I need to use my creative talents to provide for my family.
  48. I am not an island unto myself as I journey on this narrow road - the narrow road of the follower of Christ.
  49. I am seeing many, many answers to prayer, and God's using that to build in me the desire to pray more fervently, with more faith.
  50. A thankful heart brings much-needed perspective to my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)