the best way to camp...

Monday, June 20, 2011

...is in your own house. It's cozy and relaxing. Just don't try to run the water, go to the bathroom, or expect to plug in more than one thing at a time.
Judah is quite worn out from his day of RUNNING RUNNING RUNNING NEW HOUSE YAY!
That's how we're living right now! Our house moved here on Thursday and we decided that we would move all of our things in on Saturday, with or without water and electricity. It's now Monday and we still don't have either. The thrill of having a BRAND. NEW. HOUSE. is kind of too much for us to refuse, so we're camping out! We should have water hooked up tomorrow, which will mean we'll at least be able to get cold water. Hydro is supposed to come out shortly, but we figure that living without electricity and instant hot water is quite doable. Thank goodness for our former house a few hundred metres away - its fridge is keeping our perishables from perishing.

I spent the day sorting through all of the boxes that had been hiding down in our crawl space. It has caused me to question WHY I accumulate so much junk. Needless to say, many of my once-valued possessions are getting the cardboard-box-labelled-MCC treatment. It feels so. good. 
I'm proud of my wittle colour-coded bookshelf. It probably won't look like this for long.
My husband is taking the evening shift of unpacking. He sat through a standard first-aid course all day and is a little energetic right now. I, on the other hand, am propping up my swollen appendages. Happy eighth-month pregnancy woes to me!
BTW, I am L-O-V-E loving the natural light in our new place! I'm also loving the cuteness of my toddler...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)