and, lo, I am unable to account for the passing of a year.

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Life seems to be as busy as my boys are busy these days.

Benjamin is constantly moving. Always, always moving, crawling, climbing, walking, and exploring. He is very much interested in learning to walk without assistance, but everything is so very Exciting! and learning to balance while flailing one’s arms in ecstasy is not very easy.

Judah is asserting not only his independence, but also his free will. “No, mine!” rings through my house all day long. He’s also learning to distinguish his own likes and dislikes. Some days he chooses to eat one food over the other, when before he was satisfied with whatever I felt like giving him. He is a very bright boy. He knows all his colours, labels everything I pull out of the cupboard/fridge, and can count to ten… errr, excluding seven and eight. They are very hard to remember. He is currently obsessed with “dysons” (dinosaurs, for those not fluent in Judanese).

Joey is taking on his role as ministry director for the summer with gusto. He is a busy guy, too, but he’s finding his strength in the Lord. There is nothing (nothing!) like seeing my husband seek God first for all things concerning our family and his job.

I am trying to find my place in camp (as is the custom every year), and I’m struggling to remember where my calling is. I’ve had many fun opportunities to do some graphics design and photography, but those things seem to take me away from my family. God’s provided a lot of help for me this summer – I am so thankful for friends and family. It seems that this summer won’t be quite as stressful as the last one was *knocks on wood*.

Life is indeed busy, but God is good. We are healthy, happy, and well taken care of.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)