a different season

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

This is me, breathing a sigh of relief.

I have moved enough times in my life to get my fill... for life. Joey and I have lived in an apartment, a "warm up shack", a cabin, a one bedroom house, a house trailer, and now in a main level suite. Each time it gets more difficult to do this. Each time I wonder how we have acquired so much stuff...

...but this post isn't about that! It's about how grateful I am to finally be here. Living with my parents is already a huge blessing. This isn't just an extended vacation for us. We have our own space and aren't shy about admitting when we need some alone time. The boys are thrilled to have loved ones living so close. It's actually kind of difficult to convince them that they can't just run down there at any time of the day. A deadbolt they can't reach and a baby gate help with that little issue. :)

Setting up a home is one of my very favourite things to do. It is my goal to create little "pockets" of beauty all around the house. This house in particular has been a real joy to decorate. I promise I will post pictures as soon as the boxes stop multiplying and find dark holes to crawl into!

One of the biggest blessings to me is living so close to the church we will be attending. Yesterday I stepped out our front door with two boys in tow at 10:10 AM and made it to the church for (my very first!) mom's group at 10:15 AM. That trip would have taken me 45 minutes when we were living in the country! It was what kept me from getting involved in similar mom's groups. I now regret that decision after realizing how good it is to get out with other moms and kids and be SPIRITUALLY as well as emotionally built into. Friendship for mommies and littles is a very worthwhile thing to invest in!

God has been so very good to us in allowing us to make this decision for our family and providing so abundantly with willing hands to help make this as painless a process as possible. I hope that this will be a time of learning and growth for us and that we would grow closer to our Saviour as a family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)