78.365.2

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

The reality of being a mom of littles is that the job never, ever takes a break. Today I had the privilege of looking after my second son as he came down with a stomach bug. Although this may not sound very festive, let me assure you that it was a great gift. At the beginning of this month, on Judah's birthday, we lost a tiny, beloved child that most of the world did not even know about yet. It was a very bittersweet day as we celebrated seven years of our big boy, and at the same time mourned the loss of our tiniest family member. Today, although I did grumble at times, and there were certain aspects I could have done without, I was so immeasurably thankful to be a mom to the children I have on this earth. There's that quote by Corrie Ten Boom that says "Hold everything in your hands lightly, otherwise it hurts when God pries your fingers open." That couldn't be truer, especially when it comes to my children. They are precious gifts, and I am a steward of that gift. I'm so thankful that I believe and trust in a sovereign God who knows my pain before it's felt, and who gives good gifts to his children. Praise the Lord for his grace to me these 28 years!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)