Jesus Christ

Friday, April 07, 2006

I have been a Christian almost my whole life. I first made a concious decision to follow Jesus when I was four years old. My dad was reading me a Bible story before bed, and it was the story of Adam and Eve. What struck me was how their sin had seperated them from God. Although young, I understood the severity of being seperated from God, and I did not want that. So, I gave my life to Christ. God has been working in my heart constantly ever since.

I cannot explain this relationship I have with God. It's a longing, a feeling, a weeping of the soul that cries out... It does not exist only in my mind. I feel it in my soul. I feel a calling to put aside my foolish, human ideas, and to embrace the All Powerful.

God wants me. He suffered an excruciating death because he wants me. He doesn't need me, really. God will still be God. But He made me so that I may give Him glory. Who am I to think that I have any ownership in this relationship? Like a groom pursues his bride, God has pursued me. He has watched me suffer.... has suffered with me. My pain can not compare to God's. He knows this world does not love Him... He could just destroy it right here and now... but He has mercy.

God has put a calling on my life. And that is to tell the world that they might believe that the Lord Almighty, He is God.

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgement, but has passed out of death into life." Jesus himself said these words!!!! Oh, that the world might believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the savior of our souls, that HE IS LOVE.

"I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst." He is the satisfaction of our starvation... the quenching of our thirst! But we must first believe!

"All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out." There is no rejection found in Christ... only love.... but first we must come!

"If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." Freedom... knowledge... belief... all in Christ Jesus. The cost: Your life. Your physical, small life on earth. All you are. For Jesus. The author and perfector of our faith!!! Its a small price to pay to the One who created you, the One who suffered for our sins when He himself was sinless, the One that pursues becaues HE LOVES YOU. What does the life committed to God look like? It's like this: Life by faith... no fear in life, but an unquenchable hope and joy. Its love... for everyone. Love flowing from who you are. It's peace. Its complete and total freedom because you are no longer a slave to the petty issues of the world. Yes, they are there, but they no longer define who you are! Yes, the law says you're a sinner, but Christ says you are a child of God!

"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God."

May the God of Love show you His infinate compassion... joy... peace... patience... FORGIVENESS.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Andrea, you are a brave girl accepting the call:

    "God has put a calling on my life."

    I would like to suggest that you do a word study on "call" and "calling," not only making mental note, but journalling through this devotional project.

    This way, you will be able to know for certain, and to protect you for future storms where the enemy will tempt you to doubt and abandon your call.

    "Let every person abide in the same calling wherein he was called." 1 Corinthians 7:20

    I am sure many of us look forward to reading some of your findings in Andy's Attic.

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)