must it be so?

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Well, Christmas is almost over for another year. It always surprises me how prolonged its coming is, and how speedy its departure. It's my favourite time of year simply because of the time I can spend with family with no work commitments or other things to fill the day. But now that it's gone, I wonder at the significance I place on it. Christmas is just another day of the year, and it seems to be revered as if it were a celestial being. The pagan roots of Christmas are shocking, and if I'm not careful, it can take presidence over Christ. I'm not yet sure what I should do or what this means to me, but the doubts remain and I am at a loss for words.

1 comment:

  1. I understand a little of what you're saying, which is why I did a couple things differently this year.

    1. Don't start celebrating too early.
    2. Don't overdo preparations or gift giving.
    3. Set a goal to keep the Christ in Christmas.

    Read about my family Christmas on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)