a tolerant nation

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Yesterday I received an email regarding a certain group on Facebook that blasphemes the name of Christ. I was hurting so deep within for my saviour that I could not help but respond. The following is the email I received and my response.


this got me thinking what is wrong with the world? this guy hates what jesus stands for when he himself and the people in this group are as narrow minded as the tightest church goer around...

ironic i thought... but it kinda made me sick to think that there is no tolerance in the world on either side... there may be some but obviously not enough.

one side believes god is helping peace and is for peace. the other side believes god is inhibiting it... no one has definate proof so why do we have to fight so vicously over it. for the simple fact that its a "core" belief? thats not right nor is the fact that people will continue arguing like this for years to come...

I'm sure we can all agree no matter what our personal belief's are on this subject and lets do our part and raise tolerance... and learn a lesson from the christ haters and some of the so called christ worshipers in this group



I can't be tolerant when God is mocked. Christianity is not believing "god is helping peace and is for peace." God is not a politician in a political campaign hoping against hope that we vote for him. In fact, Jesus himself said,"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." The gospel of Christ is the most controversial thing this world has ever beheld because it flies in the face of free will. When we start to stomp our feet and say "I deserve to choose what's right for me, and you can't take it away", then we are being selfish. Free will is God-given, which means that we should never grab it from Him and wag it in front of His face, saying, "Whatcha gonna do about it?.

I truly believe that the day tolerance reigns and truth is on the back-burner, then we will be desecrating Christ's death, burial, and resurrection. The following verses depict the battle that is evident today:

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law...' A man's enemies will be the members of his own houshold." (Matt. 10:34-36).

Jesus foretold this struggle of being politically correct (aka tolerant) vs. standing for truth so that we can look at His words today and know that the only peace we will ever have will be in the presence of the King.

I challenge you to read through the book of John, the book of Romans, even THE WHOLE BIBLE, and not be offended. If you're not, then you're probably the only perfect person, besides Christ, to ever live.

I only "argue" because "so called Christians" still bear the name of Christ, and I can't stand to see my Saviour scourned when I am the one to blame.

Biblical tolerance is still respecting people although they may not believe God's word, but not by saying, "that's your truth, and this is mine." I don't see how the definitive TRUTH can ever be subjective to people's own preferences. It wouldn't be definitive, then, and therefore would not be truth.

In all of this, I believe that Christians should not be the initiators of arguments just because they feel offended by what the "Christ haters" are saying. It's not the fact that we are being put in a bad light that's so bad... it's that God is. We should stand up for truth when God is being mocked, but the real battle belongs to the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. I reported that note on FaceBook, I hope you did too. It does disgust me.

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)