"Prepare to meet thy GOD"

Sunday, January 27, 2008

It's Sunday today, in case any of you didn't know. Sundays at Millar are really relaxed, and I love them! I went to the Rhineland Community Fellowship today with quite a few other Millar people. It was really good, and I think I'm going to keep attending there. It reminds me of the small churches of my past!

While sitting in the service, I happened to glance up above the stage area to find the words "Prepare to meet thy God" in fancy letters secured to the wall. My first reaction was one of joy as I thought, "That's what I'm doing here, isn't it? I'm meeting with God. What a fantastic thought!" Isn't that what everyone wants when them come to church? To meet his/her God? I decided to look up this passage in Scripture to see the context, and what I found was very humbling. Instead of this quote being from a happy story of God and His people being in union, it was of Israel being disobedient and God pouring down His wrath on them. Then it hit me. It is no small thing to meet one's God. He is perfect and holy and sin cannot come into His presence. We are to come to the Lord ready to have our sins revealed, our masks torn off, our pride crushed. I am disgracing my Lord if I dare to think that what I'm doing on Sundays is meeting Him for coffee. No, I must prepare to meet my God.

4 comments:

  1. Small churches of my past? Sounds like your an old granny lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only moved 13 times, jordan. I have had the opportunity to go to many churches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you Andy. Way to go, looking up the context of that verse and then taking it to heart. That thoughtfulness is just one of the things I love about you.

    Glad to hear things are going well at Millar.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only 13 times!! Wow. Oh and David's link to your blog is spelt as so: http://hopeofthecrator.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)