nine months

Thursday, December 02, 2010

My baby boy is nine months old today.

And I want to know where the time is gone.

Nine months ago I was drinking in the sights and sounds of my new little baby in an uncomfortable hospital bed.  I had slept maybe an hour in the last 36, and I couldn't even walk for the pain that it incurred in my back.  All I wanted to eat was peanut butter and toast, which my husband graciously supplied at my request.  I was trying so very hard to get a grasp of how to nurse my baby, and I was enamoured by his tiny, perfect little self.

The most special thing about that day was that I finally got to meet my little boy.  He had been inside of me for nine months, growing physically as much as he was growing in personality.  I felt like I knew him, even though I had never met him face to face before.  There had just been a veil between our relationship.  All of a sudden, it was gone.

Nine months inside.  Nine months out.  I have known my baby for 18 months.

Today I will drink in the sights and sounds of him as he interacts with his world.  I cherish every little wave of the hand, every little giggle, every squeal of delight.  I love everything about him, and I'm still just as enamoured by him as I was nine months ago... as I was 18 months ago.

Happy nine month birthday, little one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)