hiatus

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Our family is in vacation mode full-swing. It started with a two-night stay in a hotel with the rest of the CSSM Manitoba family. Much fun was had conversing with other young families (I think there were 21 kids there in all), eating good food, and going down a waterslide. I'm very, very grateful for the friends we have found through this wonderful ministry!


Now we're chilling at my parents' house. Yesterday was really busy in that it was my Dad's 45th birthday and Joey and I had decided to cook/bake him his birthday present. We made him biscuits and gravy for breaky, and then went to work on the cakes. Joey made a lemon mousse and blueberry white cake (pictured below), and I made an orange crunch cake with orange cream cheese icing. Yum. I may just have to go snag myself another piece...


Today we are going to simply relax and enjoy the fall colours. Judah will probably enjoy swinging outside. Benjamin will most likely snuggle up in a baby carrier of sorts. I am so happy to have this chance to get away.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)