just boys (for now)

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Finding out that the sweet little baby I'm carrying is most likely a GIRL has caused me to reflect on the current state of my family, which is nearly entirely populated by boys, and how it might change in the future.

Currently:

  • every article of clothing I wash (except mine) is a straight cut, no nonsense style that is usually one or all of the primary colours
  • there can be 5029 cars scattered all over my floor at any given moment of the day
  • stuffed animals are actually weapons of war, not sensitive creatures that need to be nurtured and loved
  • I am fluent at understanding toddler jibberish because Judah couldn't be bothered with the proper pronunciations of words (in complete contrast to all of his little girlfriends)
  • wearing clothing is a necessary evil, and making sure things match is out of the question
From what I have heard and observed from friends that have little girls, these things will most likely be mixed in with their opposites in due time. What I AM fully prepared for is any sort of baby/toddler shenanigans. Poop on walls, food shoved in ears, ear-piercing tantrums, climbing on furniture, nap boycotting, mess making, risk taking... these things just come with the territory of parenthood.
 
Bring it on.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)