preschool

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Well, the day finally came. I dressed my big boy up in his finest school clothes, wrote his name on all of his things, packed his backpack with a change of clothes, a snack, and a water bottle, and dropped him off at preschool. 

Funny, I don't feel sentimental or weepy about this at all. I'm just excited for him to learn new things and make new friends. I'm excited to have a chance to go grocery shopping with just two kids during the day, and I'm excited to get some alone time with my Benji boy. 

Joey and I are probably going to work together to homeschool our children when they reach kindergarten age, but at this point in our lives we decided that this would be a very good course of action to take. I'm still taking care of a very needy baby, and I realize the need Ben has to learn from an adult at times, not just his big brother.

If I didn't know it before, I do now: my children are growing up. It's strange, them growing up feels an awful lot like me growing up. I wonder if it will ever quit?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)