Andrea is busy.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

For someone who's doing nothing, I've sure got a lot going on.

Let me explain. I've got until the middle of October until Rescue College starts, so there's a lot of time on my hands. When I moved from Manitoba so early, I thought I'd be incredibly bored with nothing to do here. Not so! I think I have been dubbed the official housekeeper of the Porter household, which doesn't bother me at all. I think I need the discipline for future reference!!! I've been having a grand old time doing dishes, decorating, and baking cookies!

I've also been given the opportunity to make a little mula. My uncle George used to have his own Model Car shop, but he got out of that business a couple of years ago. Now he has hundreds of model cars all over his house (well, more accurately in the garage and in his office). He plans on having a grand car sale--one that Regina has never seen! Any devout car-collector would know that paying $90 for a car is a steal compared to the normal $150. He is selling the cars at wholesale price, which, I hope, will attract a lot of people. Normal garage-salers will think that my uncle has lost his marbles for selling something for so much at a garage sale. Anyways, he's given me the job of taking all the cars down, dusting them off, screwing them back on their stands, boxing them, and pricing them. It's a big job, and he's paying me hourly! Sweet! Oh, and I get to work with my favourite cousin, which is a bonus.

I'm also going to be employed this next week at Souls Harbour Rescue Mission. They need someone to answer phones and do filing, mailing letters, etc.. It's the kind of job that comes pretty easy to me... except I try to stay away from phones. But, yeah, I'm getting paid by the hour as well.

Also, my aunt and uncle are going away on a 10 day trip to Las Vegas. They need someone to house-watch, and I'm the person for the job. Once again, I get paid per day.

Oh, and my dad was talking about paying me to clean the house. I think it may have been a joke... but that would be nice if it happened.

Well, now the shower's free, and I must be off pretty soon.

Bye!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)