Midwife appointment #2

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Hello, all!

Wow, a full day of painting goes by, and I am exhausted! Our tiny little piece of soon-to-be home is nearly done being painted, which is no small feat when you consider that absolutely EVERYTHING in there needed at least two good, thick coats. Why do people put plywood up on walls?

We saw our midwife yesterday. Again, I must affirm that midwifery is the way to go! No regrets here. It was a really encouraging visit! All my blood work came back with no red flags (even my iron levels are good, which surprised me), and every other test I've had has told me that I'm in good health. Who knew?

Kari (my midwife) took one feel of my belly, paused, and asked, "You sure about your dates, love?" To which I responded, "Y-yes, pretty sure... I mean... I could be wrong... possibly...!?" Apparently my baby is big, because she thought I could be two weeks further along than I'd been planning on. That makes quite a difference at this stage in the game, especially considering that my baby grew from the size of a lemon to a naval orange in one week. Baby was also very active when we went to listen to her heartbeat. Thankfully I can't feel these kicks yet--and I only say that because the amount of kicking would be excessive for a soccer player. I'm sure it will be a wonderful experience when I feel that first thrust! I just hope it's on a calm day. :) Now we're just waiting for the ultrasound to identify exactly how far along my baby is. This is all so exciting!

I'm being a bad wife right now. My hubby's out slaving away in our tiny, fumy house, and I'm sitting here blogging. I think I'll take a look at what's hiding in the fridge and see if I can make it look more spectacular than it actually is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)