and then it all changed

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends. 



Today I had the pleasure of getting together with one of my college buddies, Leah {the one in the purple outfit above.  We were dressed up for Millar’s “Bethlehem” themed Christmas banquet back in ‘08}. She wanted to come and see my little mister and give him this oh-so-fabulous homemade quilt! 



Our friendship started when she and her friend Janet {in the burnt orange outfit above} kindly invited me to watch BBC’s Pride and Prejudice and eat biscotti {with tea, of course}.  I fell in love with these witty, art-loving, God-fearing ladies immediately.  They were the kind of friends I had always hoped I would find—people who you not only get along well with, but that actually share and appreciate the things you appreciate {which turned out to be knitting, drinking tea, reading dusty books, and watching classic movies}.  Needless to say, we were skilled in the art of procrastination.

It’s crazy to think that those happy days were not even two years ago.  Although I miss them terribly, I am also very content {and excited!} to be where I am.  God has given me my very own family to love, nurture, and cherish.  My husband loves me and strives to lead our home in a way that honours the Lord.  And I have a sweet, sweet little baby boy that grows and learns more every day. 



Why don’t you just take a moment to thank God for all He has blessed you with?  I regret that I do not do it more often.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)