I must tell Jesus

Monday, August 16, 2010

There are a many things I enjoy doing, such as knitting, painting, drawing, and baking.  The common theme among these things? Creating.  I love to create, and in this way reflect my Creator.  My gifts aren't meant to be wasted on myself, but used in such a way that brings glory to God.

Last night I had a conversation with one of my closest friends.  Funny, even though we admit that our relationship is awkward at times and that we're often intimidated by each other, she is still one of the dearest people to my heart.  I love her for how much she loves Jesus and seeks to live for Him.  This talk was long overdue. "I just want to live for Jesus.  I just want to be faithful" she says to me.  "I must tell Jesus how much I love Him."  Her heart is so broken for her Lord.

Why am I not living out of love for Jesus?  Giving all that I do and have to Him?  It is a daily struggle.  I wake up in the morning, begrudgingly roll out of bed, and start my day with complaints most of the time.  When I'm not living for Jesus, everything seems so futile.  Cleaning the house? pointless.  Relating with people? unnecessary.  What have I got to live for if not living for Him?

That conversation last night was monumental.  I told my friend how God had used her to touch my heart and point me back to Christ.  I wasn't surprised at all that she was completely unaware of having done so.  You see, when God uses us, He doesn't blow the trumpets and announce our good deeds to the world.  He says, "Andrea, have faith.  I will do what I set out to do. Period."

I woke up this morning with purpose.  I must tell Jesus how much I love Him.  First, I used my gifts and made muffins, and now I'm about to sit down and soak in His word.  I don't do it often enough.  Don't look at me like that.  I'm not perfect, and you know it.

I actually started this post to put up pictures of my amazing muffins, but I guess the plan changed.  I'll post some pictures some other time.  Right now I need to talk to Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Andrea, I really appreciate this post and your honesty. I feel like I can relate to you - I too struggle every day with getting out of bed for HIM, and not taking in His Word enough, cleaning house and doing chores for HIM, and overall using my gifts for Jesus. Thank you for this encouraging post.

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)