in which I don't have a point

Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'm sorry that I haven't posted in so long, especially since I had been posting like crazy previous to this silence.

It's been just one of those weeks--not in a bad way, though.  The revelation extreme heat has zapped nearly all of my energy, and what I had left I've used up to look after my baby and slowly tackle the family laundry monster.  It's not like I've been neglecting it altogether, but I haven't actually done it ALL all summer long.  The excess has grown enough to become it's own entity.

Judah is happily bobbing up and down, up and down, up and down in his jolly-j this morning.  He's so cute.  It's been kind of a rough week for him as well.  It's just not fair that he's having to deal with the heat AND teething all at once.  I feel sorry for the little guy.  He's taking it pretty well, though, and I am still in possession of most of my sanity.

This hasn't been too bad of a week for eating properly.  I did kind of forget my rules on the weekend, though.  Really, you have to eat the food you take, even if you remember that oops! I wasn't going to eat that a split-second after it's on your plate.  But I am proud to say that I have not gone up for seconds once and have not enjoyed the camp desserts.  That in and of itself is an accomplishment to be proud of (for me). 

The summer is quickly coming to a close.  We've entered the scary land of Teen Weeks--I never did enjoy being a teenager.  The independence and responsibility? That was good.  But being constantly pressured to dress that way or act this way or do those things with boys (sheesh, even to have a boyfriend) is definitely not the ideal situation for a young Christian teen.  I am so glad that I am married and done with all that drama. 

Guess what?  I'm shirking my duties.  I am a duty shirker.  I really should be feeding my small child (and myself), putting him down for a nap, and greeting the day with a good attitude and a heart full of praise.  Maybe I should get on that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)