730 days

Monday, January 31, 2011

I never thought I'd be where I am today.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I had a thousand different plans for my life and somehow I ended up where I least expected to be.  I always knew that I wanted to get married - and married young.  And, somewhere around the age of 17, I felt a calling to be a wife and a mom.  Out of all of the numerous courses my life could have gone, God chose one specific one that was the best for me would bring Him the most glory. 


I hoped, but never put much stock on my dreams actually coming to reality.  More often than not I have come to that crossroads where I realize that my dreams are not what God is calling me to do.  Instead of actively pursuing what I thought I should be doing with my life, I waited on the Lord.  I enrolled myself in Bible College and immersed myself in learning His Word.  Although one would reason that Bible college is the best place for a young Christian to be, God surprised me by leading Joey to propose to me.  I finished only one year of college (instead of the full three or four) and nervously awaited starting my life as a wife, wishing I could know exactly what that life would look like.

That was two years ago today.  TWO. YEARS!  I can hardly believe it.  In some ways, it feels like yesterday.  In others, it feels like it was ages ago.  I mean, we've lived in 4 different "houses" (I'd rather not get into that at this moment), our son is almost ELEVEN months old, and I'm almost 4 months pregnant.  Who knew we'd "accomplish" so much in our first two years of marital bliss?

God knew.  Oh, I am so thankful that He knew, that He knows.

My husband is pretty much my second self--not because he's like me and oh I get so much more done in the day when there's TWO of me!  No, he's still his own person.  But that person is so intwined in who I am.  He is my other half - the counterweight to my argumentative, easily offended nature.  He is God's gift to me - a mirror to hold out to myself.  He is the one on whom I am to dote all the days of my life.  He is the amazing father that I always thought he would be, and that's something I get to observe and enjoy daily.  He means more to me than any other person in the world.  He is my best friend.

I'm assuming that no one really wants to hear the plethora of mushy things I could add to this post.  But it is our anniversary, this is my blog, and it is a rather momentous occasion - and therefore it was IMPOSSIBLE for me to refrain from providing you with some sort of reading material on this day.  You know, just so I can look back on it some day in the future and reminisce.  


And, on that note, I'll spare you the novel I could right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)