a topic that might make some readers uncomfortable

Monday, January 17, 2011

Throughout the Cuteness' pregnancy, there was one thought that filled my mind:

"I'm having a BEBEEEEEEEEE!"

I could hardly focus on anything else other than that (quite obvious) reality.

This time, it's much different.  I know what it's like to give birth to, care for, and live with a newborn.  I have an awareness of just how exhausted being a new parent can be.  I've gone through several parenting books/methods and now know that all babies are different.  And I know what it's like to make up your mind to breastfeed and feel like you've failed as a woman when it doesn't turn out the way you expected.

This time, there's one thought that's been all-pervasive:

"I can't wait to give breastfeeding another try!"

I'm excited, but at the same time nervous that I'll fail at it again.  I know what you're thinking, "you didn't fail!", but I know things I could have done differently.  I know that my confidence was lacking.  And I know that I was far more stressed out about it than my body would have like (think stress = drying up like an old cow).  I want to fight all my apprehensions and come out the victor!  I even have a really sweet nursing cover that keeps me all decent, lets me maintain eye contact with the baby AND lets her (or him) breathe.  Believe me, that combination is hard to find.  I'm SO ready for this!

Ok, maybe not ready yet.  But I'm doing all that I can to make sure I give baby Nutmeg the best possible start.  I praise God that Judah rebounded from his weight issues so quickly and that his health problems have all disappeared.  That in itself is a huge miracle.  As will this next baby be.  And, if everything works out like I dream it will, that will be a miracle, too.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for fun nursing covers :). I'm glad that you are so excited and optimistic for your nursing experience with your next little one... it is such a special gift to breastfeed your baby! I'm praying that you will have much success. What got me through with our guy was making sure I had enough liquids, and not stressing (as difficult as that is some days). I know that God will get you through, no matter what happens; He always does :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so amazingly aware of our needs. I want to share that bond between mother and baby as long as I can - and I'm grateful that I got at least 4 months of it with Judah, even though it was a struggle at the end. Thanks for praying on my behalf! I'm already praying for it as well. It just wasn't something I thought would be difficult before Judah was born, but now I know a lot more than I did.

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)