ten months

Friday, April 04, 2014

My sweet, little girl, today you are ten months old.


It has been a rough month for you. You have discovered that you do not like it at all when Mommy isn't within touching distance. I'm sure it's a combination of things that have lead you to this conclusion. You're teething and it hurts. My milk isn't as bountiful as it once was. You are constantly overstimulated by your brothers and all the people we see when we're at church. It's really hard to be so little, I understand. And, you know what? I love that you need me. I love that I am your comfort. I will take every opportunity I can to nuzzle your sweet little face and let you find solace in me. One day, you will find comfort in other places, and that day can wait. Right now, I am what you need.


You are fully mobile now, and you love to attempt to keep up with your brothers. Is it any surprise that you have learned to love to "wrestle" with them around? When I set you down with other babies your age, you like to throw in your whole body weight and grab their faces. This is not usually received very well. It's really cute, though, and I love that you love to play.

You have three teeth.
You weigh 20 pounds.
You sleep on your tummy.
You are learning to pull to standing.
You are kind of okay with using a bottle... sometimes. Maybe.

You love:
cheese
meat
music
loud noises
chaos
shrieking
cuddling for extended periods of time
fingering my hair
rubbing your face on me
splashy baths
stuffed animals
wearing hoods/hats
when Daddy comes home

You dislike:
Daddy's beard
laying still for diaper changes
being out of my sight
getting handed to people
eating on the left side
sitting still to read books
being told "no"

Too soon and you will be one year old. If I dwell on that, I'll miss the moment. For now, I will simply treasure you and say, "I love you, my best girl".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)