Enough!

Monday, February 19, 2007

Alright, I'm done blogging about pointless things, like pretty pink jackets I got on sale.

I have been confronted with the harsh reality that many Christians are living very lukewarm, comfortable lives. People show up to church because it's "what we do", not expecting anything other than to chat with their friends before, after, and sometimes during the service. I myself have discovered that I do not go to church seeking to be lovingly kicked in the rear. It feels good to be in an accepting, comfortable place.... but is that what church is supposed to be? Coming under God's conviction is the most uncomfortable place a person could be, and I am convinced that people are not perfect. Whatever happened to people being excited to open up the Word of God? Why don't people jump at the opportunity to talk about our Savior? What can possibly be wrong with hearing where we need to change to glorify God? I don't know if any of this is making sense, but I still feel there is a horrible deadness in church. I feel it in Sunday school, I see it when people criticize the worship team, and I recognize it when everyone plans out their whole entertainment-filled day one minute after the benediction. Where has the joy gone? Lord, please, light the fire again!

2 comments:

  1. We shouldn't just be christians in church, but everywhere we are!

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)