saved at golgotha

Friday, March 21, 2008

I'm back in Regina for a bit. It feels really good to be home! I was definitely ready to escape the busyness of Millar life, although I can hardly afford to spend time doing anything other than reading. Oh well... I suppose I'll just have to sleep after this semester is over.

It's Good Friday today, and I am shocked at how this special day is all but forgotten. I turned on the TV to see a crowd gathered around a TV station for a "Good Friday celebration". They were talking about watching what you eat and saving money! What has happened to this day? We are supposed to remember the One who died in our stead. It's not unusual to take a day to remember a loved one that has passed on, but to remember OUR SAVIOUR?!? Gasp! We can't waste our time thinking about that! (If you are sensing an heir of sarcasm, you are correct.)

I am so sad because the glory of the Lord has been forgotten... There on a hill He bled and died, for all to see. They scorned Him, spit on Him, cursed Him to the grave. It was the biggest injustice to ever occur, but that's what makes it so beautiful. Everyone understands that the guilty should pay their penalties, but Christ was sinless. He felt the whip for my selfish attitude... for the half-truth I told that person the other day. Where Satan kept bound, Christ set free. Just believe... just live for Him. He is God above, and He is worthy of all glory.

...and yet the world scoffs...

Oh, what would it take for this nation to remember the name of God?

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andrea... I'm not surprised that most ppl don't remember our Lord on Good Friday... why bother if they won't remember Him the other 364 days/year. Unless we remember Him daily it's all in vain.

    Hope all is well with you and that you get some sleep :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Until you recognize that you need Him, it's hard to place any importance in what He did. People who don't know Him look upon Him and what He did as a myth.

    I enjoy your blog.

    Keep sharing. . .
    Keep praying. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. To quote your post...

    "Oh, what would it take for this nation to remember the name of God?"

    This is something that I pray for everyday. That this nation would return to God so that he would heal our land, and that we would be a beacon of the gospel for the whole world. That is my dream.

    Lord Jesus, please move in our nation by your spirit, so that we all would remember you again.
    Amen.

    Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jesus does more harm than good

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry, but I need to respectfully disagree with you. I've seen lives changed by the power of Christ! I've seen the hopeless find hope once again.

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)