I love this

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Did you know that my husband is a poet?  Oh, yes, he's always making silly rhymes - mostly about the cat.  This is the most recent:

That is the cat.  See how her tail sways.
Do not envy her ways; her life is simple.  
She eats, she sleeps, she poops-not even a dimple.



At any rate, it made me laugh - mostly because he was just sitting in the kitchen with J on his lap, saying it so nonchalantly.  I barely even heard it.  

Thinking about my husby being a daddy gives me so much joy.  It was one thing I never considered before we got married.  My mind was all like "WE'RE GETTING MARRIED WE'RE GETTING MARRIED WE'RE GETTING MARRIED WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!!!!!" instead of rationally considering all of the (wonderful) things to follow.  All I saw in my future was a white dress and a handsome man.  I was pretty nearly blind to everything else that moved.   It was the same when I was pregnant, the dominating thought being I'M. HAVING. A. BABY.!!!  

But now?  

Watching those moments when the boys have each other in spasm-inducing laughter make me think of all the laughs they'll share as Judah grows up.  Seeing my baby squeal in delight when the Husby comes home makes me wonder what it will be like when he can run and jump into his arms.   Witnessing those tender moments between father and son as he puts Judah to bed foreshadows thousands of nighttime stories and snuggles to come.  

I can't wait, and at the same time I want those moments to last a lifetime.

Being a mother is being blessed beyond measure.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea.. this is such a lovely post. Love all the pictures too... you sure have awesome men in your life.. such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwweeee.. this is nice :) you ARE so blessed and I can't believe how fast your little boy is growing! so glad you are happy!

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)