the selfishness of me.

Sunday, November 07, 2010

Today was going to be a bad day.

I forgot my ceramic flat iron, my makeup, my bobby pins, my deodorant, my toothbrush and my hairbrush at my in-laws' house last night.  And I'm going to church today.  Playing piano.  Singing in a choral group.  On stage.



The time changed last night.  My 6:30-rising-baby would become a 5:30-rising baby.

I found out, last minute, that music practice would be at 9, NOT 9:30.  Possibility of a nap for baby before church? Nill.

But then I woke up today.

My hair turned out alright.  Not perfect, but presentable.  I used old makeup that had been collecting dust.  And, really, vanity isn't something that sits well with humility.

My baby understood the time change and slept until 6:30 instead of 5:30.

It's 8:01 and he's already down for a nap.  I have time to gather my wits.

And, above all else, it's the LORD's day.

I am so selfish.  Nothing compares to the gift of knowing God.  Nothing compares to His salvation and sacrifice for our sins.  Nothing compares to His perfection.

I am so utterly small.

Today is a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Yep-God is good-all the time.period. Charlene

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)