two

Monday, February 28, 2011

On this day last year, I went into labour.  It was an average day on most accounts.  I was eight days overdue and feeling a bit frantic to be done with pregnancy.  I was so frantic, in fact, that I told my mom (via phone conversation) that they could expect a phone call at 3 in the morning telling them to pack their bags, rent a hotel room, and get over here because I would be in labour! 

The first contraction hit me at 10:30 that evening.  It was real.  It was big.  It hurt.  And then my body gave me other undeniable signs that things were happening

I didn't want to bother my parents in the very beginning stages, but when 4.5 hours had passed and the contractions grew in intensity and frequency, I just couldn't help giving them a call. 

It was 3:00 on the dot.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)