one

Tuesday, March 01, 2011


I'm rather reminisce-y today.  March 1st brought a whole day of labour for me.  I can't imagine everything happening any better than it did.  It was super stress free - Joey and I "shopped" around in Brandon while I quietly braced for each contraction.  We went to a pre-scheduled midwife appointment in the afternoon and found out I was 5 cm dilated.  Then we spent a few hours at my parent's hotel room (they had made the 4 hour drive over as soon as they could), laughing and relaxing as beautiful things took place inside of me.  Between 8:00 and 9:00, I was again checked by my midwife, who found that I was now 8-9 cm dilated.  That's when we checked in at the hospital and, well, the rest is history

Birth is the most amazingly miraculous physical thing that us mortals have the privilege to experience.  

Today my to-do list is a little different than most days.  Judah was sick in the night, and neither Joey nor I realized what was going on in the other room.  My little boy slept in a pukey crib, and I feel awful for that.  He often wakes up in the night, but there are different levels of crying that we respond to, and last night's fussies were nothing much - just a minute or two of tired wails, and then silence - something that could easily find an explanation like him waking up squished against the rails.  Alas, there actually was something wrong, and now we have to make the necessary adjustments to the day - namely, a couple baths (one wasn't enough to fully eradicate the stench), the washing of all crib contents, and feeding Judah as many dry and bland foods as I think appropriate.

Have a good first day of March, even if it's dang near blizzardy outside.  I love the month of March for many reasons, the biggest being the whole lion and lamb comparison.  My thoughts are instantly drawn to my Saviour, the Lion of Judah and the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world.  There's nothing more amazing than salvation! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)