relief!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

It's late*, but I just wanted to give a little update:

My midwife took a look at the cracks I mentioned in the last post and promptly got me a prescription that will (hopefully) heal me in time. For now I'm restricted to feeding Benjamin on one side. Even though it feels like I don't have enough milk, I know my body will provide it. For a day it will mean feedings are long and frequent, but I'm sure I'll adjust. I am SO thankful for this intervention and pray that it will work!

I also found out that Benjamin gained a FULL POUND in a week. That is absolutely awesome! Even though breastfeeding has been excruciating, leading me to tears almost every time he latches on, I have been caring for him exactly as he needs. Praise God!

This WILL get better. I know it will.


*I don't even remember when I last thought quarter to 10 in the evening was late. Man, I'm getting old. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so happy that you have been encouraged. As far as Ben's weight...that is awesome :). It is so wonderful to be reassured that our bodies are providing the nutrients our babies need. Continuing to pray as you wait on the meds to kick in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, I'm glad you got some help and hopefully it works, and fast! I remember my first two weeks of breastfeeding on one side being extremely painful due to a biological issue. I winced every time she latched on that side, and unfortunately, the only thing I could do to help was breastfeed, as I never knew I should have gotten a breast shell to correct it before giving birth, so it had to correct itself on its own after. It got better after those few weeks but I was worried I wouldn't be able to feed on that side! Now the 'issue' is over with (we're on to thrush, now, unfortunately). I hope the meds help you and give you relief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I feel for you, Criston! Because the cracks I have are so long lasting and so deep, there's a huge chance that thrush could form - that's kind of why I got antibiotics. They really seem to be helping with the pain and helping the healing process - I don't think I bleed anymore.

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)