undeniably, remarkably, supernaturally blessed

Monday, November 21, 2011

Sorry for the silence. It’s just been one of those weeks…

  • the camera has been dead for days and I haven’t charged it
  • at one point I was certain that Judah had Chicken Pox (don’t ask)
  • Benjamin learned to screech whenever he wants attention. No more little lamb cry.
  • we discovered that Benjamin is too long in the torso for his car seat (especial with winter bundling and a cloth diaper) which contributed to the world’s most shrill screaming fit right before we left for church yesterday
  • Judah has perfected the art of tantrum-ing. His appetite that was lost from his early week sickness is most definitely back. With a vengeance. If you don’t give me food now I will throwmyselfdownandscreamscreamscreamandscreamsomemore!
  • He has also severely grated Mommy’s nerves with the never-ending whining that just gets higher and higher in pitch the longer she doesn’t acquiesce to his request. Cahyoooor? Cahyooooooooor? Cahyoooooooooooooor?!? (aka “colour”)

But it’s also been one of those strangely blessed weeks…

  • Judah took to sleeping in his big boy bed remarkably well. We didn’t really try to accustom him to it. We just plopped him in, said good night, and that was that. He now knows how to get out of it, which hasn’t been too troublesome yet. It’s just strange to hear little feet running down the hall of their own accord in the early hours of the morning.
  • As a result of the Screaming Fit To End All Screaming Fits yesterday, we stopped in at the local Walmart to peruse the car seats. We discovered a poorly distinguished sale for a 3-in-1 suitable for 5-80 pounds for… wait for it… $70 off! We feel extremely blessed to have been able to purchase something of a higher quality than we can usually afford.
  • The snow we received on Friday is still here and is expected to whiten the ground until March. This pleases me, for, unlike many people I know, I love winter.
  • Pastor Glenn’s sermon yesterday cut me to the quick. I had the most unbelievably selfish morning. I don’t think I’ve ever been so rotten. When Glenn got up there and started speaking about Jesus as revealed in the book of Revelation, I immediately knew that, had not my own sinful nature been exposed that morning, the ground of my heart would not have been prepared to receive that message. For the first time in… well, I can’t remember when, I did not want to leave that sanctuary. It was like Jesus was there, standing among us.

I am constantly looking for some perfected formula for my day-to-day life, and it can never be found in my own efforts. I wish it didn’t always take me so long to realize that I can come before the throne of Grace and ask for the strength I lack from the One who lacks nothing. I have a remarkable Saviour, a perfect and Holy God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)