6 days left? Or is that three weeks?

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Exciting things are NOT happening, just so all of you anxious readers know.  Yes, I am still with child, and NO, I DO KNOW KNOW WHEN THIS BABY IS COMING.  Someone asked me that in church today, and, being in a slightly impatient mood, I said, “in six days”, to which the lady replied by laughing and giving me the “yeah, like you know that for sure” look.  Silly questions require silly answers.  One kind lady came up to me and warned me that she was going to ask me “that dumb question that everyone asks”, which I answered more joyfully than usual.  Yes, as you can see, I am still pregnant.  Or, as this lady put it, “No, this is a beach ball.  The baby’s out in the car.” 

On the flip side, there have been a few more signs that labour is impending (really?), such as a sudden drop in my energy levels (this is called ANTI-nesting—which is just as common as the urge to nest before labour), and a slight decrease in baby’s movements.  Either of these things could be explained away… But I would just like to believe that the baby is coming soon, okay?  Let me enjoy my little delusion, people!
Happy things: I spent a whole day playing with my little niece, Lucy, and her mommy!  AND the Olympics are on! 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! We had fun too. I can't wait for Lucy to meet her little cousin. COME ON BABY!

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)