hopefully the last update I'll feel compelled to give

Friday, May 28, 2010

We just got back from the clinic.  The results? Judah has gained 9 ounces in as many days (so that would make him 10 lb 13 oz).  That is exactly what he should gain, praise the Lord.  Thanks for praying, guys.

I just looked over to see the Cuteness smiling in his sleep.  He (finally) fell asleep in the car, and I'm not waking him up for the world.  So, yes, that means he's slumbering safely buckled into his car seat.  Hey, a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do, yes?



I am so emotionally drained.  It was such a rough morning.  The Cuteness got so worked up over everything - even taking a bath.  Sometimes I wish he was just a teensy bit  older so that I could tell him that mommy's here, everything is going to be all right!  and it would actually make things better.  At this point he's just inconsolable.  I'm sure it's just a phase?

Oh, and the mommy got so worked up over everything.  I may have gently squeezed frantically pounded a couple pillows flat this morning.  But, hey, don't worry, God used those extremely low moments to bring  me to a point of submission, confession, and repentance.  Sometimes it takes a lot to get through to me, I tell ya.

So, yes. Things are going better.  Apparently my methods are still "too textbook".   Or are they not "textbook"?  Which textbook am I supposed to use, anyways?  Now that I know the Cuteness is finally getting enough, I need to find ways to, you know, have time in the day.  As it is I feed him for an hour, entertain him for 15 minutes, and then attempt to put him to bed for 45 minutes (and usually fail).  Lather, rinse Repeat.  THAT is why I only get around to washing diapers when there is only one diaper left.  THAT is why my house looks the way it does.  But I'm willing to stick with it if that's what it takes to keep this little guy healthy.  

Ahhh... sweet silence.  Too bad I have to ruin it by switching over a load of laundry.


2 comments:

  1. Yay for weight gain! But as soon as this moving nonsense is under control, I am coming to visit you and clean your house. And hold your baby if you need me to, or bake you some cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be AWESOMETASTICULOUS!

    (words actually couldn't describe how wonderful that would be, so I made up my own)

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)