a shift in the wrong direction

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A couple of days ago I spent some time reading through my oldest blog posts.  It was like flipping through the pages of my life, stopping to say hi to old friends, and seeing just how much I've changed over the last four years.  Yes, that's right, this blog is over four years old.  I could've done some big Four Year Anniversary Extravaganza, but, seeing as it fell somewhere in my two weeks of "overdue", I am happy to excuse myself.

During my perusing I noticed something a little grievous: this blog has slowly turned from being God-centered to self-centered.  I used to view it as another avenue in which to proclaim and testify what God Almighty has done in my life, but now I find that I really only want to broadcast me. My life. Period.  My friends, I've done you a disservice.

THE MOST important thing about me isn't me at all - it's the Lord.  He has been gracious to me, shown me favour, and endowed me with an ability to use words to proclaim His Name.  He has saved me, and what he requires of me is that I should tell the world about Him.

I am sorry, dear readers, for not holding to this calling. 

Don't get me wrong - I still plan on using my daily life for inspiration in my posts.  They will just be tempered by the knowledge that I am a sinner deserving death, yet I have received life through Christ.

To God be the glory.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)