a christmas home tour

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Hello, everyone!

Can you believe there are only three days until Christmas? My family arrives here on the 24th... and that seems like it's an ETERNITY away!

I thought I'd share what I've done to make our home beautiful this Christmas season.

I've always wanted a wreath, so when I found this style via Pinterest, I had to make it! It's super easy. Simply bend a hanger into a circle, untwist the hook, slide on Christmas balls (I used plastic ones from Superstore), twist it back together, and hide the hook with a wide ribbon. Easy peasy.


Since we don't have a cat anymore, I jumped at the opportunity to get a poinsettia. Our cat would have mangled that poor beauty. And that lovely felt Christmas tree advent calendar to your right? That has been mine since I was about four years old. Judah had the joy of putting up the little ornaments this year.


I made about 40 snowflakes from simple, white paper and strung them around our living room. Not only does it look good, it was loads of fun making them. I felt like a kid again (although my snowflakes were never so intricate back then).


I made this print to highlight some of my favourite phrases from the Christmas songs we sing. I love how it isn't overtly Christmas-y, but still gets a theme across.


I have to be honest: these pussy willows sit out all the time. HOWEVER, I still think they add to my Christmas decor in their stick-like appearance.


And last (but not least!) we have our Christmas tree. This year we decided to refrain from hanging coloured balls on it. I love how sparkly it is.

There you  have it!


What are some of your favourite was to decorate for Christmas? 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful ideas! I too did some paper snowflakes, although mine are not as elaborate as yours :). I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas celebration with your families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Candice. For the snowflakes, I looked up an intricate pattern online and it kind of taught me how to do the rest of them.

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)