did I tell you about that one time...

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I am a mother to a toddler. I've got stories.

Like from today, for instance. Today Judah decided he would forego his nap in favour of smashing a light bulb all over his floor and playing with the shards. The light bulb, of course, came from a lamp I was certain he could not reach. Upon investigating the strange tinkling sound I heard coming from his room, Judah guiltily looked up from his handiwork and said, "Uh-oh, broken!"

Then there's the one where Judah left the sanctuary of the church and came back in carrying a piece of cake he had snagged from the potluck table. 

Once Joey caught two preteen boys feeding Judah juice (you know, the powdered sugar kind) and snickering to themselves as he chugged back the glorified syrup like his life depended on it. This was also at the aforementioned potluck.

Oh, and before I forget, how about that other day when I decided I would treat Judah and let him make cookies with me? That was a good day... except for the T-A-N-T-R-U-M-S every time I had to put the cookies in the oven.

I feel like I'm a new mom all over again... except without the afterpains, sleep deprivation, and smooshy newborn to cuddle. This kid is keeping me on my toes, let me tell you.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)