I have a blog, you say?

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I am attempting to blog, but Benjamin is standing at his toy box across from me giving me the most heart-melting smiles ever. My concentration! It dissolves!

Ahhh, yes. It's now snowing outside. After WEEKS without it, it's decided to come back just for my birthday! How fortunate I am! (/sarcasm) 

Anyways... I'm basically posting today to let you all know that nothing disastrous has happened to my family in the week (gasp!) that I haven't blogged. We've just been busy, that's all! I haven't even been taking pictures, except with my iPod. It may be fun to use Instagram, but the grainy photos are usually not fit for blog consumption. 

The things that have taken my time are as follows:
  • Saturday: my mom came out for our boys' dedications and stayed with us for two nights
  • Sunday: after the morning service we spent the rest of the day with Joey's family
  • Monday: attempted to bring order to our house and said goodbye to Mom
  • Tuesday-Thursday: went on a three day retreat with other CSSM Manitoba missionaries
  • Friday: attended a wedding/reception of one of the daughters of some of our friends
  • Sunday: went to church, were invited out for lunch, & attended a fundraising concert for camp
  • Monday: I was sick, so naps were plentiful and energy lacking. Attended small group in the evening.
I love people - I really do! - but I get inexplicably tired from being busy like I have been the last 1.5 weeks. I need time to be quiet and fight the laundry monster that lives beside my side of the bed (Joey is much neater than I am). I need to not be needed by the world around me... except for my children & husband, of course. I am always needed by them, and I don't mind. :) I just need time. I'm sure that in a couple days I'll be as right as rain. PLUS: tomorrow is my birthday! and it shall be wonderful!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)