breech

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

It was not a word I was expecting to hear from my doctor two days ago. Sure, I've been really confused by why I feel so much movement down at the bottom of my belly and wondering how a bump could possibly be so perfectly round and so uncomfortable right under my ribs, but every week my doctors would say "the head is down" and I would breath a sigh of relief.

Two days ago, at my 38 week(ish) appointment, my doctor caught on to the baby's game. She couldn't get a clear read of her heartbeat and was extremely suspicious of that "ball" at the top. I was glad that my suspicions were finally being realized, but couldn't help but feeling discouraged about the whole situation.

Yesterday I went in for an ultrasound appointment so we could figure this out once and for all. It took all of 5 seconds for the tech to say, "yep! the head is up!", which didn't really bother me at the time. Now I'm finally able to identify what I'm feeling (and I'm SO sorry, Little One, for calling your head a bum for so long!).

The reality has set in, though: I'm nearly 39 weeks now. Baby seems to be fairly big already (not surprised). If she doesn't turn, I will be faced with making the decision to give it a go naturally, or have a c-section. All of this time, I was thinking I would be prepared for anything with this baby. After all, I've had a spontaneous birth and an induced birth, both equally good. It seems that I am not, in fact, as prepared as I would like to be!

I have been greatly encouraged by family and friends who have said that they are praying Little Missy will flip herself down. It's a comfort to know that none of this has escaped God's knowledge, and that whatever happens, He is good.

Whatever the case, I know I'll get to kiss this sweet little face soon!

Her face is really squished up against the side of the womb, as you can tell. I can't wait to nom her chubby cheeks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)