What's on your mind?

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Hello, everyone!

I have had a lot on my mind lately. Here are some of the things occupying my thoughts...
  • Grad
  • what to do after grad
  • Joey in Whitehorse
  • the many people that have turned/are turning away from Christ
  • how to reach out to people for Christ
  • our church and it's workings
  • our church's mission trip to Soul's Harbour Rescue Mission

I have to admit that I have been completely consumed with these things, as well as a few others not listed here. I have been a rollercoaster of emotions, and I do not think it has been good. It is so easy to let the worries of life completely surround you and dictate your every move, but that is not what God intends for His children. Listen to what God says in His word...

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with
thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God,
which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in
Christ Jesus."

Philippians 4:6-7

Christ does not want us to be so taken with the things that nag us daily that we forget Him. Take a look at the parable of the sower in Matthew 13:3-23.

"Behold, the sower went out to sow; and as he sowed, some seeds... fell among
the thorns, and the thorns came up and choked them out."

The explanation:

"And the one on whom seed was sown among the thorns, this is the man who hears
the word, and the worry of the world and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the
word, and it becomes unfruitful."

If we, as Christians, claim to know the Lord Christ Jesus as Savior and King, and we don't give even the most trivial of things to God, our faith will be choked out and we will not produce fruit for Him.

These verses serve as much-needed reminders to me to worship God and God alone. He alone should be the substance of my thoughts.

Now, as I sit here in a comfy chair in a quiet house with a warm cup of tea, I ask you this: What's on your mind?

1 comment:

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)