First Baptist Church of Chesterfield

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Hello everyone! I am back from St. Louis, currently enjoying my own house, coveting my own bed, and catching up on rest. I love home!

I don't think I will be able to relate to you absolutely everything that happened on the trip because there was just so much! We did everything I posted about before, and most of it met my expectations. Six Flags was a little disappointing, but I think that's just because I'm not much for standing in seemingly everlasting lines, frying in the hot sun, and getting my stomach thrusted into my throat repeatedly.

My favorite thing had to be going to the First Baptist Church of Chesterfield on Sunday morning. It was the most amazing church service I've ever took part of! The singing was phenomonal, the choir was amazing, and the preacher was on fire! Three hours later we found ourselves back on the bus again, although it only felt like 30 minutes had passed. And what was so neat is that we were welcomed very warmly. The preacher had us stand up in front of the congregation twice, and mentioned us a few times in his sermon. He told us to go back to Manitoba and tell all the people at home that there are people who believe in the Lord in Missouri! He even prayed for safety for us on the trip home. Everyone was overwhelmed by the love of God, I think.

This trip really made me think about how I am impacting people for Christ. Do people see His presence in me? Do I reflect Him in all I say and do? I definitely could see God in the people we met in the church we attended. My only prayer is that God would get the glory, not me.

1 comment:

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)