Moving?

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Well, dear readers, it's about time that I inform you of an extremely monumental event in the lives of everyone in my family, though it won't affect you.

Ahem. (drum role, please)........................

We're moving to Regina! Oh yes, after, let's see... 17 years of hoping to work with family, my dad has been offered a position as Chaplain at Souls Harbour Rescue Mission! We will finally be able to live near family and rest assured that this is God's timing.

Although I may sound excited, I'd like to qualify that this is a bitter-sweet situation. It's been three years at Bagot Community Chapel, and we have so many meaningful relationships. It will definitely be hard to leave... and yet we are needed just as much in Regina.

Actually, to be completey honest with you, I have kept myself distant from the whole situation. I had already decided to move to Regina to take Rescue College, so this move doesn't have the weight that others have had. But the more I think about it, the more I am going to miss everyone here. I've lived here from grade 3 to grade 12, and it's going to be hard to say goodbye. Alas, this will be my farewell to Friendly Manitoba!

But for how long?

2 comments:

  1. Good Bye, Friendly Manitoba, Hello Land of Living Skies!! Back to the land you were born!! Your roots. Your family. Your mission. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha.... "Your roots. Your family. Your mission." It sounds like a slogan. I can't wait either!

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)