thoughts on life

Thursday, July 08, 2010

I love life.  I love seeing how my little boy is growing and changing, interacting with the world around him, and learning so many new things.  I love how every little thing is the most thrilling thing in the world.  “MOM!  You have a face!  I CAN TOUCH THAT FACE!” or “That’s right, I can clasp my hands together.  Can YOU?”

This little guy is so precious, such a gift from God.  Every day I look at him and think, what a miracle that God ordained for Joey and I to become one and produce another human being through us.  God’s ways are unfathomable. 

Satan is the destroyer of life.  He hates it.  He hates God, who is the creator of all life, therefore he desires that all life would cease.  It’s no wonder that there is such a big onslaught on life in this world.  There are a thousand and one ways NOT to get pregnant, and if you do become pregnant when you don’t necessarily want to, there’s always that pill or that procedure that will make the whole thing as if it had never happened.  Satan has sold this world myriads of cunning lies (he was a liar from the very beginning, you know), and, sadly, this world has bought into them hook, line, and sinker.  It breaks the heart of God, I’m sure, knowing that His people have been lied to, and worse, that they have believed it.

I am determined not to believe the lie that life is an inconvenience, and even more determined not to believe that bringing a child into the world only leads to overcrowding and pollution.  God told us to “be fruitful and multiply”, did He not?  He loves life and desires to give new life to all who will call on His name and know Him as LORD. 

Life is a blessing.  Knowing God makes it all worthwhile. 


1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! I found you through Picket Fence blogs! Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)