into camp we are plunged

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Happy Canada day!  Yes, I have already had the opportunity to sing “O Canada” with my heart all ablaze today, thank you.  By the way, have you ever tried to refrain from singing our national anthem when a large group of people is singing it?  It feels like your committing treason or something.  Honestly, I nearly glanced around for Mounties a couple days ago when 150 camp missionaries from various camps broke out in it (quite randomly) the other day.  We’re all lemmings, I tell you. LEMMINGS.

As my title states, we are officially into the season of summer camp.  At least we’re easing into it gently, though—there are only 23 campers coming today.  They are ages five to seven, though, which is just as tiring as if they were a group of teenagers.  One word to describe the squirts: ENERGY.  I know, I know, I’m going to be living with a five-year-old soon enough.  Let me just enjoy my immobile, compliant child while he lasts, ok?

Ugh, it’s so stuffy in this house.  And the scary thing is that it feels cool in here compared to the great outdoors.  That leads me make a confession: I secretly don’t like summer, as far as weather goes.  Give me a beautiful plus 15 day with crisp air and a cool breeze over a sweltering, muggy, sticky plus 30 and I will be pleased as punch.

On a side note, my baby is supposed to be napping right now, but he’s just laying in his play pen staring up at the mobile I made him.  The poor little guy woke up three times last night absolutely distraught.  Only warm milk and a dry diaper could solve his problems.  Yeah, I’m a little tired today, but I’m more concerned for the Cuteness.  Who is not sleeping. Whose morning nap didn’t really materialize.  Who is so cute that I die of his cuteness.  Daily.

So… I’m going to take this moment to highlight a few things that have really convicted/challenged/inspired me as of late.
What am I doing with my life if not honouring God?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)