you might think it strange...

Monday, July 26, 2010

I have to be honest with you.  I have been thinking (a lot) lately about our family.  I mean, my me-joey-bebe family.  And I've been really, seriously desiring that this family would grow.

No, I'm not pregnant.  Sorry to disappoint you.  But I am seriously in love with this whole "life" thing.

When I was about seventeen years old, God gave me a special task for my life.  That's the age when teenagers are usually freaking out about rationally planning what course of action they are going to take after high school.  Even though I never really was much of a "teenager", I did not escape that pressure.  Nearly every evening I would sit down at the family computer and Google as many post-secondary options as I could think of.  Each idea I had only left me feeling lost, confused, and frustrated (and not a little distraught).  It was about that time that I published this post.  I was an overwhelmed, unstable mess at the time.  Until God spoke truth to my heart (see: aforementioned post).  Then, even though I was no where close to having made a decision, I was at peace--a peace that was not based upon my ability to know everything, but on God's sovereignty.

When asked what I wanted to do with my life one night while working at camp, I found myself smiling and saying, "all I want to do is to be a wife and a mom.  That's it."  Ummm... yeah, that did not come from me.  I had absolutely NO direction at that point.  None!  But I believe that God placed that desire in my heart.

Fast-forward to the present.  I went to college for a little under a year and worked at an inner-city rescue mission, but neither of those things became my passion in life.  What did happen is that I married the man of my dreams (at age nineteen, no less), and now I am mother to a beautiful baby boy!  God has completely enabled me to carry out His desire for my life, even to the point of ruining other plans I have made in haste.  He is so good!

All of that is to say I'm not convinced that I'm supposed to put "life" and "comfort" and "convenience" before the task to which I have been appointed.  I believe, truly believe, that I am where God wants me to be.  Now I need to obey.

Do you know what this means?  It means that Joey and I may be living, at some point in the future, literally from paycheck to paycheck.  It means that I probably will not be able to lose those XX pounds and get that 6 pack before I'm pregnant again.  It means that we might possibly be estranged from people around us who just aren't ready for the whole "family" thing.  It means we might look like fanatics.

You know what?  God absolutely delights in His children being obedient to Him.  And I'm thinking that that's going to be enough for me.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I would say kindred spirit...but I'm thinking that "similar appointment" is more applicable. :) Truthfully, I am thankful that you are so willing to listen, despite the call of the world to stick to the cookie cutter, two person family (not that God doesn't want some families that size). Obedience to Christ is so necessary, and I appreciate your honesty and willingness. May God bless your little family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post! I was at a point were I was squatting in my home lost and confused. I prayed to god, day in and out. And one day I noticed that I was late and found out I was pregnant. Slowly but surely everything started to turn around. And right now were living paycheck to paycheck but it was all worth it, and eventually I know that everything is going to be okay.

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)